Technology Evaluator - Objectives & Status
The TE will integrate a number of models into a simulation framework in order to assess the impact of Clean Sky technologies and aircraft configurations wrt to emissions , noise, on-board energy consumption and life cycle. The life cycle (in collaboration with EDA) analyses will be estimated at the single mission level. The other models which simulate aircraft emissions and noise performance will be used with input data from vehicle ITDs to carry out the three TE assessment levels:
- single flight and aircraft (reference versus Clean Sky conceptual aircraft)
- fleet traffic around airports (fleet integrating a given ratio of CS a/c versus a fleet without CS conceptual a/c: which improvement with respect to noise and emissions?)
- fleet traffic at global level (fleet integrating a given ratio of CS a/c versus a fleet without CS conceptual a/c: which improvement with respect to emissions?)
Main TE achievements:
in 2009 :TE Requirements, including :
- General TE requirements, mission models, operational models and ATS models requirements
- TE metrics and output; trade off studies, use cases requirements
- TE system architecture requirements.
In 2010 : TE system mock-up based on the GRC (helicopter) case study. It will help to the design and development of the TE system for the first assessment at the end of 2011
Next major milestones in the TE project
The first "mid term assessment" was completed early 2012. At this time, a full assessment of the Clean Sky project will be done, with a first limited set of models and data.
At the end of every year before the final assessment in 2015, more accurate assessments will be performed with the updated sets of models resulting from the ITDs progress.